“Back Pain is Epidemic”
Back pain will strike most of the 250 million American adults sometime in their lifetime:
1. nearly one-third of adults will suffer daily with low back pain, which equates to 92.5 million people;
2. two-thirds of adults will have a back attack within the year, which equates to 190 million;
3. 85% or 212.5 million adults will have a severe back attack in their lifetime, and
4. 20% will describe their pain as severe, disabling, and crippling.(1)
Just Say NO
to Drugs, Shots & Spine Surgery.
The evidence for chiropractic care is mounting:
• A 1998 editorial in the Annals of Internal Medicine noted that
“spinal manipulation is the treatment of choice.” (2)
• Even the North American Spine Society recommends
spinal manipulation before surgery. (3)
Chiropractors are now
Primary Spine Care Providers
before drugs, shots, and surgery.
1. Scott Haldeman DC, MD, PhD, FRCP(C) and Simon Dagenais DC, PhD. A supermarket approach to the evidence-informed management of chronic low back pain. The Spine Journal, vol. 8, Issue 1, January-February 2008, Pages 1-7.
2. Marc S., Micozz, MD, PhD, “Complementary Care: When Is It Appropriate? Who Will Provide It?” Annals of Internal Medicine 129/1 ( July 1998): 65-66
3. Michael D. Freeman PhD, MPH, DC and John M. Mayer DC, PhD, “NASS Contemporary Concepts in Spine Care: Spinal Manipulation Therapy For Acute Low Back Pain,” The Spine Journal, 10/10 (October 2010): 918-940
Click here for next ad.